[vc_row][vc_column][vc_tta_tabs color=”mulled-wine” active_section=”1″][vc_tta_section title=”Admission requirements” tab_id=”1655368331905-af076103-4146″][vc_column_text]
- KCSE or equivalent certificate with a minimum of C+ and grade C (plain) in both mathematics and English or similar grades in an equivalent examination approved by the University Senate. Or
- KACE or equivalent Certificate with a minimum of two principal passes in A-level examination in Mathematics and English Language. Or
- Applicants with Diploma in Information Technology or any other relevant discipline from an institution recognized by the University Senate.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Programme description” tab_id=”1655368331921-704fcca5-857e”][vc_column_text]The program takes a minimum of four (4) academic years where an academic year consists of two (2) semesters.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Programme Learning Objectives” tab_id=”1655368483355-19cf4a5e-e89b”][vc_column_text]
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of essential facts, concepts, principles, and theories relating to Information Communication Technology and software design and development;
- Model, specify, design and implement computer-based systems;
- Make sound decision in the process of understanding product development guided by the social, professional, legal, ethical and cultural issues;
- Effectively apply the principles of information management, organization, and retrieval;
- Apply the process of critical reasoning in managing computer systems and information; and
- Be a team player and communicate clearly to a range of audiences about technical problems and their solutions.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Expected career directions” tab_id=”1655368566862-e93f458b-3e93″][vc_column_text]Web Developers, Database Administrators, Information Security Officers, IT Project Officers /Managers, System Analysts, Graphic Designers, Software Engineers, Hardware Engineers, Network Engineers, IT Support Officers[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_tabs][/vc_column][/vc_row]