Master of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, Mathematics or related discipline of at least Upper Division Second Class Honors of Meru University of Science and Technology, or an equivalent qualification from another institution recognized by Senate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, Mathematics or related discipline of at least Lower Division Second Class Honors of Meru University of Science and Technology plus at least two years relevant experience, or an equivalent qualification from another institution recognized by Senate.
The program takes a minimum of 4 semesters and a maximum of 8 semesters. The coursework shall comprise of seven (7) compulsory courses and three (3) elective courses. Additionally, a candidate must show proof of presentation in at least one seminar as well as publication/acceptance for publication of at least one refereed journal paper. Once the prior conditions have been met, the candidate must pass the research component which shall be evaluated through a written Master’s thesis and an oral defense.
- Analyze computer science algorithms for large-scale data analysis
- Apply computer science knowledge for business intelligence, data analytics and computing research
- Evaluate operational, organization and computer systems data needs with a view of developing measures to enhance efficiency and systems’ performance
- Conduct ethically and scientifically sound research in the chosen specialization domain of Computer Science
- Disseminate research findings and computer science knowledge in an academically acceptable manner
- Extend computer science knowledge that advances the theory and practices of computing fields
Systems Analyst, Software Engineer, Network Engineer, Computer Security Engineer, Research Scientist, Database Administrator, Network Administrator, Data Analyst, Application Analyst, Web Developer, IT Consultancy